Support

One of the greatest things to have when you’re going through hell, a.k.a. cancer, is support. And man, I’m one of the luckiest people in the world because I’ve got a ton of it.

It comes in different forms. A like, reaction, or comment on a Facebook or blog post. A phone call or a text, email or a Facebook message. A homemade dinner, snacks, or take-out from a favorite restaurant. A ride. Company. Flowers. Coloring books. A port pillow. Things to make me more comfortable. Things to make me laugh. Things to occupy my time. Things to keep me informed. The basic understanding that I may need to throw it all across the room at some point.

I’ve received so much, both tangible things and intangible things, from people I’ve known my entire life, people I’ve known twenty years, ten years, one or two years, a few weeks, a few months, and people I don’t even know at all. It’s amazing how various communities of people will come together to lift your spirits, whether it’s family, friends, co-workers (old and new), classmates, teachers, or just people with similar likes and interests as me.

Just know, if you’re one of the above, you rock! And hey, if you’re reading this post, you’re one of the above! So rock on!! You have absolutely no idea how much something as simple as a “like” makes me smile. It means you’re there, and that means you’re cool. Keep doing what you’re doing!

On the flip side, it also makes me miss the hell out of some of you people! So if you want to make a quick trip to SC, do it!! I have space, a comfy futon, air mattress, and couch. Also, there are hotels everywhere around here! I am definitely planning some travel when this is all over, too, and I just might be coming to a town near you! Haha. 😉

12 thoughts on “Support

1. Jenn Bilicki October 12, 2017 / 5:04 pm

Keep doing what you’re doing and know that we’re rooting for you!!
    xoxo

Liked by 1 person

2. Trisha October 12, 2017 / 5:14 pm

Much love to you too sister! You are the one who ROCKS!!! Keep on writing because I love your sense of humor and I especially love learning about “the process” you are going through. God will prevail and I pray for you daily! I will especially pray that after all of this is over, you will get to travel the world and see things you have never seen before! God bless you:-)

Liked by 1 person

3. Mary Thornton October 12, 2017 / 5:29 pm

Only “know” you through Kerry (roommate of our daughter, Cindy Thornton Slafka, in college and NYC). Love your grasp of reality, sense of humor and style of writing. Keep on keeping on. We will all “walk with you” through this treatment process. MKT

Liked by 1 person

• Jennifer Elkins October 13, 2017 / 4:48 am

Thank you so much. It means a lot that you are following and supporting my journey! ❤️

4. Debbie Tassa October 13, 2017 / 1:04 pm

You’re in my daily prayers. This too shall pass. Stay strong. 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Liked by 1 person

5. Sarah MHiggins October 13, 2017 / 6:16 pm

When you start traveling again, know that 18 Soundway always has an opening.

Liked by 1 person

• Jennifer Elkins October 13, 2017 / 7:34 pm

Thank you so much! It’s been so long since I’ve been there. I think 2006! RP looked so different, and I’d only been gone 4 years at that point. I can’t imagine the differences now.